She said that volunteering provides:
- Life changing experiences
- New relationships
- Feelings of accomplishments
- Partnership with professionals on a team
- Enrichment to personal spiritual end of life approach
- and Eduction on hospice care
She told the group that prior to joining the hospice team, volunteers go through a screening process. This provides Alliance with a way to maintain safety for both their volunteers and the patients.
Responsibilities of volunteers include:
- Visiting and offering companionship, emotional support , and friendship
- Assisting in daily activities such as reading, writing letters, playing games, etc.
- Listen attentively to patients and family members
- Provide relief for the caregivers when appropriate
- Provide assistance with daily living such as errands and reading
Allegiance Hospice, serves communities in Massachusetts. Hospice is a service focusing on improving the quality of life fore individuals and their families living with an advanced illness by easing the emotional, spiritual and physical pain often associated with such illness.
Interested individuals can contact Amy at 877-255-4623 or at firstname.lastname@example.org